- 3-4 tablespoons Fatworks Lard or Tallow
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Tapioca flour for dredging
- 4 bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch sticks (1 each red, green, orange and yellow)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/4 of a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Leaf Lard, Pure Lard, Schmaltz (Chicken Fat)
Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo Friendly, Whole30
Sauté the peppers and onions in 1/2 tablespoon tallow or lard until cooked but still crispy.
While the vegetables are sautéing, dredge the chicken pieces in the tapioca flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining lard or tallow in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat. Add enough of the chicken pieces so that there is space between each piece. Brown each side and repeat until all of the chicken is cooked, add the garlic during the last batch.
Immediately deglaze the pan with the wine or chicken broth or a combination of the two (add a little bit of tapioca flour if you want the sauce thicker). Add the vegetables and chicken to mix with the sauce and to reheat. Add the lime juice and chopped cilantro and serve.