- 1 tablespoon Chicken fat or Duck Fat, enough to coat the beets
- 1 pound beets, sliced (approximately 3 large or 5 small)
- 2-3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups lettuce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fatworks Chicken Schmaltz
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Duck Fat, Schmaltz (Chicken Fat)
Gluten Free, Paleo Friendly, Whole30
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Add sliced beets to a baking sheet and coat with 1-2 TBSP melted duck fat (use as much is needed to coat the beets). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 35-40 minutes.
Assemble the lettuce, goat cheese and sliced onion in a salad bowl.
Add the roasted beets.
5. For the dressing melt the duck fat in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and use a whisk or a wooden spoon to mix. Adjust the duck fat and balsamic vinegar ratio to your liking.
Pour the hot dressing over the salad, tossing to coat completely.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: Omit the goat cheese for a Paleo salad.