- 2 tablespoon Fatworks Pure Lard or Leaf Lard
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt, or homemade coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil-based mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Green onion, chopped
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Leaf Lard, Pure Lard
Gluten Free, Paleo Friendly
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt pure lard.
Add diced onion and salt. Allow onion to cook until lightly brown, soft and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
Just before removing onions from the heat, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Remove the skillet from heat and transfer the onion, garlic and browned bits to a small bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
In a separate medium bowl, combine the full-fat Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Stir in the cooled onion and garlic mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until cool.
Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve with vegetable root chips or veggies.