- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, plus extra for garnish
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Fatworks Chicken Schmaltz, separate
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut milk (after refrigerated, only the separated cream portion)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 10 minutes
Pure Tallow, Schmaltz (Chicken Fat)
Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo Friendly
Using a food processor or grater, shred sweet potatoes. Place shredded sweet potato mound in a clean kitchen towel and wring out as much water as possible.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, scallions, eggs, coconut flour, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
In a large cast iron skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Using a fork, scoop 1/3 cup of the sweet potato mixture and place into the pan. Using the back of a fork, gently press down to flatten. A large skillet with generally fit 3-4 latkes.
Cook 4 minutes on one side, flip with a spatula and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Add another 1 tbsp. of butter and repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture.
Top with dairy-free sour cream and serve immediately!